June 10 to 15
Marina Hemingway, Havana
The Ernest Hemingway International Billfishing Tournament, was celebrated for the first time on May 26, 1950 from the Miramar Yacht Club in homage to the famous writer. As precedent there had been two other billfishing tournaments in Santa Cruz del Norte and in Havana in the late 1930s and early 1940s. This tournament is the oldest in the world in its category and the main venue for fishing sports in Cuba.
Your participation in this event not only offers you the opportunity to recreate and test your nautical and sports skills, but also the possibility of getting closer to Cuban history and culture and to exchange with its people based on sport and experiences that this particular Tournament offers.
We wish you success in the competition and a happy stay in Cuba...
The Tournament will be governed by the rules of the International Game Fishing Association (IGFA) with teams of up to 4 fishermen and the method used will be the Trolling in the modality of tag and release and with the use of cameras, to preserve the protected species of fish.
Captains meetings will only be attended by the Captain and a representative of the vessel. Each team can only have 4 fishing lines in the water.
Fishing lines used can be up to 36 kg (80 lbs.)
550.00 EUR from 1 to 3 fishermen
EUR 150.00 for an additional fisherman
(maximum 4 fishermen)
The price includes:
- Free berth during the dates of the Tournament. (If the team comes in its own boat)
- Personal invitation to the Welcome Cocktail.
- Invitation to Award Ceremony.
- Farewell dinner.
In case of traveling on your own boat, you can purchase it at the entrance of the Marina Hemingway (use Channel 16 VHF).
In case of traveling by air, contact Caribbean à la Carte who will provide you with the necessary information to acquire it before your arrival in Cuba.
PRICE: 3500.00 EUR
The price includes:
- Use of the boat during all the days of the tournament.
- Qualified crew.
- Fishing Accessories.
- Snack and liquids on board at each Fishing Day.
Price does not include:
- Registration fee.
The first three places will be awarded with medals for each member of the team, as well as a trophy per team in the following categories:
- First capture of the tournament.
- First capture of the second day.
- First capture of the third day.
- First capture of the fourth day.
- Greatest Dorado.
- Greatest Tuna.
- Greatest Wahoo.
- Woman who captures the first billfish.
- Youngest fisherman.
DAY 1, JUNE 9, SUNDAY
- Arrival at the International Airport of Havana.
- Welcome and Assistance at the Airport.
- Transfer to the selected accommodation.
- Check-in at the Hotel.
- Optional Tours.
DAY 2, JUNE 10, MONDAY
- Registration in the Event
- Captain´s Meeting
- Welcome Cocktail
Free Time. Optional Tours.
DAY 3, JUNE 11, TUESDAY
First Fishing Day
DAY 4, JUNE 12, WEDNESDAY
Second Fishing Day
DAY 5, JUNE 13, THURSDAY
DAY 6, JUNE 14, FRIDAY
Third Fishing Day
DAY 7, JUNE 15, SATURDAY
Fourth Fishing Day
DAY 7, JUNE 16, SUNDAY
- Optional Tours.
- Check-out at the Hotel
- Transfer Hotel-International Airport.
- Assistance and Farewell at the Airport.
The pre-congress workshops will be conceived as trans and multidisciplinary spaces that show the strength of the work from this perspective of Cuban Psychology. They will be published soon.
Cocktail offered by the American Psychological Association (by invitation)
Dinner and farewell party (additional registration). The activity will be a dinner and a farewell party and will have:
• Luxury dinner at the El Bucán Restaurant at the Havana Convention Center. Blazon of the gastronomy of the institution, is located on the ground floor and at the entrance of the headquarters of the Convention Center. It is air-conditioned and its cabaret design allows the presentation of musical groups, supported by sound equipment, lights and video projections. It offers a silver service for 800 seated people.
• Concert of the group Toques del Río. This youth court group cultivates alternative music and fusion genre. In the harmonic approach of these compositions, the basic structures of Cuban music are a determining factor in the approach of the rhythm section, well seconded by the bass, of stable rhythm, and the piano, the guitar, the congas and the minor percussion , print the necessary sound identification, for passages and phrases of rhythms such as: conga, reggae, danzón, funky, as well as other Cuban, Latin and Anglo rhythms that intertwine to weave a very own musical corpus, which identifies and justifies the request of the metal string that enriches the composition, increases the interest because it improves the timbre, the harmonic and sonorous volume of the group. (https://toquesdelrio.com)
• To provide a means of communication among psychologists with similar interests in North, Central, and South America, and the Caribbean, and to promote the development of psychology in the western hemisphere.
• To contribute to international understanding by means of an enlarged understanding of cultural differences and communicating across national boundaries.
• To aid and promote research and academic and professional exchanges among the nations of the American continents.
• The Interamerican Society of Psychology (SIP) was founded in Mexico City by a group of behavioral scientists on December 17, 1951.
• SIP is a member of the International Union of Psychological Sciences (IUPsyS), a division of the International Council of Scientific Unions.Through these groups, SIP is connected to international organizations such as UNESCO.
• The leadership of SIP includes members from North, Central, and South America and the Caribbean.
• The official languages of SIP are Spanish, English, Portuguese, and French.
• The Interamerican Journal of Psychology is published three times a year under the auspices of SIP. It accepts manuscripts from all areas of psychology and in all of the official languages of SIP. Active members receive this publication and have electronic access to our bulletin, Interamerican Psychology: Bulletin of SIP.
• Every two years an Interamerican Congress of Psychology is held with the objective of promoting the exchange of information and ideas about psychology and related disciplines. This activity takes place in different countries of the American continents on odd- numbered years.
• Every two years, alternating with the years of the Interamerican Congress, SIP celebrates a Regional Congress. The regional congresses have the objective of providing congresses in certain areas in order to facilitate access and participation for some people who are unable to attend the Interamerican Congress.
• Every two years, SIP awards a student prize for the best research in psychology at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The purpose of this prize is to stimulate students in the Americas to perform scientific research of social importance.
• SIP maintained a Central Office, which serves as the main source for the exchange of information related to research, publications and for opportunities for the advancement of psychology in the Americas.
• SIP has a network of National Representatives and Delegates by country in the different regions of the Americas, which have connections to the Central Office.
• The membership of SIP is formed into different Task Forces in specific areas of psychology with the objective of promoting the exchange of information and the generation of common projects.