November 15 to 17
Havana city, Cuba
The increasing economic significance of networks has fueled rapid growth in research at the intersection of management and economic disciplines. EMNet conferences serve to promote communication and awareness among researchers in economics and management and provide a forum to present current research and to discuss issues of common interest, such as relevant developments in organizational economics and management. The content of EMNet conferences include all forms of networks, such as franchising, joint ventures, licensing, financial networks, virtual organizations, strategic alliances, cooperative networks, clusters, venture capital relations and other forms of hybrids.
The eighth international conference on ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT OF NETWORKS will be held in cooperation with the University of Havana (http://www.uh.cu/) from November 15th to November 17th, 2018, in Havana, Cuba. The purpose of the conference is to provide an international discussion forum for research in economics and management of networks.
Theoretical, conceptual and empirical papers from all areas in economics and management of networks (franchising, retail and service chains, cooperatives, financial networks, joint ventures, strategic alliances, licensing, clusters, public network management and governance, public-private partnerships and new network forms in digital economy) are welcome.
Additional workshops will be organized:
1. A panel focusing on research on Public Network Management and Governance co-organized with LAGPA IIAS-IISA Latin America Group of Public Administration - International Institute of Administrative Sciences (in Spanish/Portuguese/English)
2. SPECIAL WORKSHOPS on Tourism Network Management and Organization, and Tourism Horizons with an interdisciplinary focus (in Spanish).
Authors who want to present a paper should submit an abstract (400 words min.) at https://emnet.univie.ac.at/emnet2018/registration2018 as soon as possible, but no later than May 31, 2018.
A copy of the paper (.pdf or .doc) must be submitted by October 31st, 2018.
They include reception on Thursday evening, 6 coffee breaks, lunch (2x) and conference dinner on Friday.
(I) Regular Conference Fees: 290 EUR
(II) Reduced Fees: Researchers from less developed countries, Cuba and PhD students are requested to pay 230 EUR
Special issue and book
We plan to publish a SPECIAL ISSUE in a high-quality international journal and to edit a BOOK at Springer.
The conference will be held at the University of Havana (http://www.uh.cu/).
May 31, 2018: Abstract submission
(https://emnet.univie.ac.at/emnet2018/registration2018 and email@example.com)
September 1, 2018: Payment of the conference fees
October 31, 2018: One COPY of the paper via email to Josef Windsperger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
November 10, 2018: Final program available (https://emnet.univie.ac.at)
• Josef Windsperger, Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics, University of Vienna (Organizing Chair) (email@example.com)
• Ramón Martín Fernández, Faculty of Tourism, University of Havana (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Elitsa Nestorova and Petra Langer (Administrative Assistants), Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics, University of Vienna (email@example.com)
• Hachemi Aliouche, University of New Hampshire, USA
• Josef Bernhart, European Academy Bozen, Italy & University of Innsbruck, Austria
• Andy Bonilla Castro, University of Havana, Cuba
• Gary Castrogiovanni, Florida Atlantic University, USA
• Bianor Cavalcanti Fundacao Getulio, Vargas School of Public Administration, Rio de Janeiro Brasil
• Magali Chaudey, G.A.T.E. Lyon, Université Jean Monnet, Saint-Etienne, France
• Gerard Cliquet, IGR-IAE, Université de Rennes 1, France
• James Combs, University of Central Florida, Orlando, USA
• Michael Cook, University of Missouri, USA
• Evelien Croonen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
• Alejandro Delgado Castro, Faculty of Tourism, University of Havana, Cuba
• Anne Marie Doherty, Department of Marketing, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, United Kingdom
• Muriel Fadairo, G.A.T.E. Lyon, Université Jean Monnet, Saint-Etienne, France
• Thomas Ehrmann, University of Muenster, Germany
• Manuel Gonzalez Diaz, University of Oviedo, Spain
• Anna Grandori, Università Bocconi, Milano, Italy
• Michele Griessmair, University of Vienna, Austria
• Marko Grünhagen, Eastern Illinois University, School of Business, USA
• John Hagedoorn, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
• George Hendrikse, RSM, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
• Dildar Hussain, Rennes School of Business, Rennes, France
• Maria Jell-Ojobor, University of Vienna, Austria
• Manish Kacker, DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University, Canada
• Cintya Lanchimba, Escuela Politécnica National, Ecuador
• Claude Ménard, Centre d’Economie de la Sorbonne, Université de Paris, France
• Marco Meneguzzo, University of Lugano, Switzerland
• Jerker Nilsson, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
• Rozenn Perrigot, IGR-IAE, Université de Rennes 1, France
• Andrea Bonomi Savignon, University Roma, Tor Vergata, Italy
• Vivian Lara dos Santos Silva, University of Sao Paulo (USP), Brasil
• Claudia Souza Passador, University of Sao Paulo, Riberao Preto, Brasil
• Marijana Sreckovic, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
• Lourdes Tavares Escuela de Gobierno, University of Havana, Cuba
• Andrew Terry, University of Sydney, Australia
• Lisandra Torres Hechavarría, Faculty of Tourism, University of Havana, Cuba
• Carlos Vassallo, University of Litoral, Santa Fe, Argentina
• Anna Watson, University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
• Josef Windsperger, Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics, University of Vienna
• Muhammad Zafar Yaqub, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Payment is to be made to the following Bank account:
IBAN: AT08 3200 0000 0067 5447
BIC / SWIFT: RLNWATWW
Reference code: DP379001
Account Number: 00000 675 447
Raiffeisenlandesbank NÖ – Wien Friedrich - W. – Raiffeisen - Platz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria.
Credit Card Payment:
If a bank transfer is not possible, a payment can also be made via credit card. For security reasons, we do not advise to send payment information via the Internet. Please download the Payment Form for the payment with the credit card, fill in your data, sign it and send it per fax to the conference secretariat at +43 1 4277 38174. If you have any questions regarding the payment, please call Elitsa Nestorova: +431 4277 38172 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The payment should be made by September 30, 2018. Please send a copy of the payment confirmation to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
For registration and payment of the conference fee, the contracting party is the University of Vienna, Austria, Department of Business Studies, Oskar-Morgenstern-Platz 1, A-1090 Vienna.
The contracting party is not responsible for the content of the conference. The program of the conference is preliminary and can be changed by the organizing committee at any time.
All attendees, including cluster and session chairs as well as speakers, must register and pay the registration fee.
The registration fee admits you to all technical sessions, the Welcome Reception on Thursday, the Conference Dinner, coffee breaks, as well as lunch on Friday and Saturday.
Refunds/cancellations: must be received in writing (email) no later than October 15, 2018 for a full refund minus a EUR 50 processing fee.