October 29 to 31
Following the tradition, in 2019 will take place the Preparatory Workshop of the International Convention of Tourist Studies: CIETCUBA 2020, in the Viñales tourist destination, as another attempt to appreciate the importance of the territories with differentiated tourist products. The objective will be to discuss the most relevant scientific topics that will be analyzed in CIETCUBA 2020, in Varadero, from May 28 to 31, 2020. The meeting will be organized by the Faculty of Tourism of the University of Havana and sponsored by the Hanns Seidel Foundation of Germany. It has also the support of the Gaviota Tours Travel Agency as official receptive.
• Neuromarketing and innovation in tourism
• Smart tourist destinations
• Culture - tourism relations
• Demand forecasts and market studies
• Economic functioning of tourism entities
• Tourism law: necessary and pending jurisprudence
• Sustainability in the 21st century
• The territory as the basis of tourism development: competitiveness and management techniques.
• Role of the non-state sector in the tourism economy
• Higher education in tourism, travel and hospitality.
• President: Dr. Ramón Martín Fernández
• Vice President: Dr. Alejandro Delgado Castro
• Executive Secretary: MSc. Yanela González González
• Coordinator: MSc. Daikel Abreu Rodríguez
• President: Dr. Lisandra Torres Hechavarría
• Secretary: Dr. Clemente Hugo Ramírez Frías
• Member: Dr. Carlos Cristóbal Martínez Martínez
Tuesday, October 29:
• 7:30 Departure to Viñales, from the Faculty of Tourism of the University of Havana (G Street, Number 506, between 21.Street and 23.Street, at Vedado)
• 11:00 Arrival at Viñales. Panoramic tour of tourist sites
• 12:30 to 14:00 Lunch in the ranch of San Vicente farm (next to the Rancho San Vicente hotel)
• 14:00 to 14:30 Accommodation with breakfast and dinner, at the Rancho San Vicente hotel.
• 14:30 to 18:00 Inauguration and work sessions at the San Vicente farm
• 19:00 to 20:00 Dinner at the hotel
• 20:00 to 22:00 Visit to the town of Viñales
Wednesday, October 30:
• Breakfast at the hotel
• 8:30 to 12:30 Working sessions at the San Vicente farm
• 12:30 to 14:00 Lunch in the ranch of San Vicente farm
• 14:00 to 18:00 Working sessions at the San Vicente farm
• 18:00 to 18:30 Closing of the workshop
• Dinner at the hotel
• Free night
Thursday, October 31:
• Breakfast at the hotel
• 8:30 to 12:00 Return trip to Havana (Faculty of Tourism of the University of Havana (G Street, Number 506, between 21.Street and 23.Street, at Vedado)
Presentation of papers: The papers must be delivered until October 5, 2019, by email to the Organizing Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presentation of works: Each speaker will have 15 minutes to make his presentation and, after several presentations and attending to its content, the joint debate will take place.
Format of the papers
The papers will be sent in a Microsoft Word document, letter size page (8.5 x 11), with single line spacing, 2.5 cm margins, in Arial font, size 12, justified text alignment (in block). They will have a minimum length of 8 pages and a maximum of 15, from the presentation sheet to the bibliography and all pages (in the lower right) should be numbered. The redaction must be done in impersonal language.
Structure of the presentations
On the first page:
• Job title (aligned to the center of the page)
• Authors' data (maximum 3): Name(s) and surname(s), affiliation(s) (institutions to which it belongs or entities or business in case of being self-employed) and electronic(s) mail(s). All the information of the authors will be aligned to the center of the page after the title of the work.
• Summary: The summary will not exceed 250 words and will expose concisely the justification of the work, the general objective, the theoretical approach, the methodology and the main results of the research.
• Keywords: Up to 4
• Introduction: Provide general information on the context, theoretical approaches, the current state of the subject, the general objective of the work and the importance of its realization.
• Development: Expose the methodology used and the results obtained with precision and detail.
• Bibliography: Only the documents that are cited in the text should be referenced. They will be kept in their original language and the APA bibliographic standard will be used.
Presentations may be used in PPT, PPTX, PRETZI and PDF formats. The slides should be brief in text and clear in visuality, to help the speaker in his speech. You should not put long texts or excessive amount of figures that, while saving on the number of slides, prevent a better understanding by the audience.
• You can participate as a speaker or as an assistant.
• Teachers from the Ministry of Higher Education of Cuba, foreign colleagues, colleagues from Cuban state-owned companies and colleagues from the non-state sector of the economy (cooperative members and self-employed workers) may participate in that Workshop. May also participate officials of the Ministry of Tourism of Cuba and its OSDEs and professors of the branch training schools.
• All persons interested in participating (speakers and assistants) should send their requests via email to the Organizing Committee (email@example.com) until October 5, 2019. The request email will contain the following information:
o Subject: Participation request
Entity or business to which it belongs or represents
Condition in which you will participate (speaker or assistant). If you are attending as a speaker, you must send the attached paper in the same email. Contact phone number (specify if it is personal or of the institution)
• The acceptance of participation (for speakers and attendees) will be sent by the Organizing Committee from the date of receiving the application until October 18, 2019.
• Applicants who are not professors of the universities attached to the Ministry of Higher Education of Cuba must pay a fee that covers all the expenses of the program described above (the workshop has no registration fee). The prices per participant are the following:
Prices in Euros
• Colleagues who must cover their expenses for participation in the workshop will receive, with the acceptance communication, the instructions for making the payment. Your participation will not be fully confirmed until such payment is duly completed.
The International Convention of Tourist Studies in its 5th edition and its 10th anniversary will be celebrated from May 28 to 31, 2020 in the tourist destination of Varadero.